Taylor Kitchen Scale
Kitchen scales are a useful addition for any cook who's looking for precise measurements. They offer the ability to measure ingredients down to the gram for accuracy and precision in the kitchen. Taylor offers food scales that measure grams, kilograms, milliliters, ounces, and pounds.What is the capacity of a Taylor kitchen scale?
The capacity of a Taylor kitchen scale will vary depending on the model. Standard kitchen scale capacity is 11 pounds. The weight capacity of Taylor scales ranges from 16 ounces to 22 pounds; several models have a capacity of 6.6 pounds.What types of kitchen scales does Taylor make?
Taylor manufactures a variety of scales for the kitchen. These include:
- Digital: The Taylor digital scale features a flat base you can place food on top of. This is the surface from which items are weighed, and may be constructed of glass, metal, or other materials. It has a digital display that can show the weight in various increments of measurement.
- Mechanical: The Taylor mechanical kitchen scale measures items that are placed in a bowl on top of the scale’s weighing mechanism. The weight of items is then displayed by a dial on the front surface of the kitchen scale. The mechanical version gives less precise measurements than those of a digital scale.
To use a digital kitchen scale properly, perform the following steps:
- Press the power button to turn the digital scale on. Wait a moment until the scale displays zero on the digital display. This indicates that the scale is ready to weigh items.
- If you are using a dish or bowl to weigh items, place it on the surface of the scale. Press the Tare button to subtract the weight of the dish or bowl that you will be using.
- When the digital screen shows zero, place the items you wish to weigh inside the container you are using.
- You may then toggle between various measurement units by using the unit button. This will allow you to choose between grams, kilograms, milliliters, ounces, and pounds.
- Remove the item after receiving a weight reading. The scale will power off automatically after a period of inactivity. To conserve battery life, manually shut the scale down when you are finished weighing items.
To clean a food scale, make sure to use kitchen cleaning products that are safe to use near food. Remove all excess food debris from the surface, then spray a small amount of kitchen cleanser on a cloth. Proceed to wipe the surface to remove any stuck-on food debris, making certain to be cautious with any glass surfaces. You may let the food scale air dry, or gently wipe it with a soft, dry cloth to avoid any streaking on glass surfaces.