If you want to organize your kitchen better, then it is essential to have a good spice rack. A spice organizer makes it easy to find what you need while you are cooking. The type of rack you choose to purchase will depend on your own cooking needs.
What are spice racks made of?
Most of the well-known brands generally use these materials for their racks:
- Metal: Stainless steel and chrome options are easy to clean and look very sleek in a kitchen. Metal can also be used to make decorative wrought-iron racks.
- Wood: Wood is often used for natural-looking shelf-like styles. Wood racks are often meant to be installed on a wall or door.
- Plastic: Plastic is very versatile, does not rust, and comes in many colors, so it can be a good choice.
- Glass: Most glass styles are not made purely of glass, but they are often used for organizers that include matching bottles.
Where can you put a spice rack?
There are many convenient places to store spice racks.
- Your cabinet: The inside of a cabinet door is a great storage place. It is out of the way but still easy enough to reach. A lot of spice racks are also made to hook over a cabinet door.
- Your kitchen counter: If you have a spice rack that is shaped like a stand, it will fit anywhere on your kitchen counter. This makes it easy to store and access your spices.
- Your wall: You can easily install a spice organizing tool on any wall in your home. This lets you grab your cooking ingredients with ease.
- Your drawer: If you have an empty storage drawer, you can get a slide-out style to display your spices.
How do you store your spices in a rack?
There are a few different storage methods depending on the style you choose.
- Shelf styles: These might just be the easiest spice jar organizers to deal with. All you have to do is put each one of your spice jars on a shelf that fits the bottle.
- Jar-included styles: With these versions, you will need to transfer each spice from its store-bought container to one of the matching spice jars. To make it easier to find things in your kitchen, match the label to each holder. Then all you have to do is slide each jar into its notch on the organizer.
- Magnetic and hook styles: If you pick this type of spice holder, you will need to make sure your spices are in the correct type of container. Then you can stick the magnetic spice jars to the wall or hook the bottle onto its clip.