Frequent Questions About Toilets
Choosing a new toilet is an important decision, and there are several different special features to consider. You can find a range of affordable toilets to complete your bathroom on eBay.How does a high-efficiency toilet work?
A high-efficiency toilet is designed to reduce the amount of water that is used when flushing the toilet, which can lower your water bill. High-efficiency toilets also help conserve water and save limited water supplies. While a standard toilet typically uses anywhere from 1.6 to 6 gallons per flush, a high-efficiency model uses 1.28 or less. You can make sure that youre getting a high-efficiency model by purchasing one with the WaterSense label. WaterSense certifies that toilets meet EPA requirements. Looking for that label makes it easy to ensure that your choice uses a maximum of 1.28 gallons of water per flush.Special features available on toilets
Both luxury and basic toilets have features designed to do everything from conserve water to make life easier by being taller than standard height. You can choose a model with one or more of the following features:
- Dual flush: This type has two buttons on the top of the tank: one for flushing liquids and one for flushing solids. The one for liquids uses less than 1 gallon of water per flush, while the other uses the capacity specified for that model.
- Tall toilets: The standard height of a toilet from the ground to the seat is about 14 to 15 inches. A taller height, also called comfort height, puts the seat from 16 to 19 inches off the floor, which is convenient if you have mobility issues.
- Bidets: A bidet is an add-on that sits below the rim of the bowl at the back of the toilet seat. Convenient controls allow for operation of the bidet.
- Touchless flush: This is the holy grail of germ-prevention. Touchless flushing allows you to simply get up and walk away without ever touching a surface with your hands.
There are several options to choose from if youre working with a limited amount of bathroom space, such as:
- Compact: This toilet design typically features an elongated seat and is about 14 to 15 inches wide.
- Tankless: Tankless toilet models eliminate the bulky tank by combining all the units functions into the bowl, thus reducing the amount of space needed.
- Wall hung: A wall-hung toilet gives you up to 9 more inches in front due to the tank being mounted inside the wall. This is an especially versatile model because you can install the toilet seat however high you would like it to be during installation.
- Corner toilet: A corner toilet is an excellent space-saving solution. The tank sits at a right angle, nestled compactly into the corner.