Mens Fitness and Running Shoes
Whether your favorite form of fitness and physical activity is running or playing a sport, having appropriate shoes is crucial to the health of your feet. Proper footwear when running or training also reduces wear and tear on your body due to a strong, cushioned support base. When looking for proper fitness or running shoes, dont hesitate to be selective, and make sure you pick the right pair for your soles and arches.
What features are typical for running shoes?
- Materials: When you run, your feet may sweat more due to the heat running generates. Mesh will help your feet dry quicker and cool down.
- Weight: If youre a competitive runner, running shoes with less weight will shave some time off of your run due to less weight holding you down.
- Cushion: Fitness trainers will generally have extra cushioning throughout the entire shoe in order to prevent injury due to hard surfaces. They will also be durable.
- Heel density: Runners know that the heel tends to strike first with the weight rolling to the forefoot. Running shoes will be the thickest and the most cushioned in the heel and thinner throughout the rest of the shoe.
What materials are available for running and fitness shoes?
- Leather: Leather fitness shoes are typically designed to be durable, cushioned, and water resistant. They are also meant to be environmentally friendly and fit snugly.
- Rubber: Rubber shoes for runners tend to be more lightweight than leather while providing a more natural grip on the ground.
- Synthetic: Synthetic leather is designed to provide the benefits of leather without using actual animal material.
How do you determine your proper fitness shoe size?
- Heel: You want the heel to be snug with no ability to lift the heel out of the shoes. Test this by holding the heel with one hand and attempting to get out of the shoe. If your heel is able to get out, they are too big.
- Toes: Youll want to leave some wiggle room in the toes and forefoot in order to accommodate potential sweat and swelling. It is recommended that you leave approximately half of an inch of extra room.
- Midsole: The midsole should be snug enough to prevent the foot from sliding out. Make sure the sides arent pinching your foot and the shoe is cushioned as well as comfortable.
What brands of fitness and running shoes are available?
Common name brands for shoes include Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, Saucony, Asics, and New Balance.