Get Your Creative Writing Done With a Collectible Montblanc Fountain Pen
For over a century, the Montblanc brand has been known for its fine pens. The quality of Montblancs handmade fountain pens, especially its flagship Montblanc Meisterstuck, are appreciated by collectors of writing instruments. Collectible new Montblanc fountain pens are just one of many the offerings by the brand, which also include ballpoint, roller-ball pens, and fountain pens.What kinds of fountain pens does Montblanc make?
Montblanc began its company with the Rouge et Noir and the original Montblanc pen. The company is also well-known for its Meisterstuck (German for masterpiece) collection of fountain pens. These pens come in a wide range of colors and styles, including the Solitaire, which features precious metals. Other collectible pen collections available on eBay include:
- Starwalker: This sleek version of the Montblanc fountain pen often offers features that mingle resin with stainless steel, platinum, or gold.
- Montblanc M: This writing instrument combines a classic, black-resin body with Montblanc quality. It is suitable as a first fountain pen.
- Boheme: This simple, elegant pen features a gemstone clip and a retractable nib.
- Muses: These limited-edition pens evoke famous women through their designs and colors. The slim lines and flared caps of the Muses pens are reminiscent of 1950s fashion.
- Writeras Edition: These limited-edition pens pay tribute to writers from Western culture, such as Agatha Christie and Marcel Proust, and feature details and accents that recall aspects of their lives and personalities.
- Famous Characters: These limited-edition pens pay homage to famous artists, including Andy Warhol and Frederic Chopin, with motifs and details inspired by their creative careers.
- Heritage: These pens reimagine the earliest Montblanc designs, such as Rouge et Noir and the Snake Solitaire.
On a Montblanc, the white logo is always flush with the cap. Any text on the pens body is machine-pressed and feels smooth. Montblancs that were created after 1990 have a serial number on the ring at the top of the clip. Underneath the clip, you can usually find the letters PIX. When disassembled, the ink barrel has a reddish hue when held up to the light. The nibs are usually made of 14k gold.What makes Montblanc fountain pens collectible?
With their classic style, precision craftsmanship, and often limited-edition details, Montblanc pens are passed from generation to generation and are collectible by writers, artists, and pen enthusiasts alike. Montblanc pens are precisely balanced and weighted, allowing for refined penmanship.What are the benefits of writing with a fountain pen?
Many fountain pen enthusiasts favor the tactile experience of writing with a fountain pen. When used properly, the nib should slide smoothly across the paper, and you may find yourself writing with your whole arm. The ease of ink flow means you do not have to exert pressure to write, which reduces hand fatigue and may help protect you from developing issues like carpal tunnel syndrome. With care, a fountain pen can last for many years.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Montblanc.