Help Choosing Parts For Your iPhone 5C
If you want to add features like an LCD digitizer screen or replace standard parts like a worn-out home button on your iPhone 5C, there are parts available to help you do that. Knowing what iPhone parts are available, what they do, and how to install them can help narrow your search for parts.What features can you add to an iPhone 5C?
While this is not a complete list of all the parts that are available to you, some of the most common ones include:
- Adhesive: can be used to connect the front glass with the LCD.
- A replacement flex cable: any cable that is relatively flat yet also flexible. Many inner components for your iPhone will use these cables instead of round ones to make connections between circuits.
- Physical buttons or switches: such as power or volume control may become worn over time and need replacement.
- Lenses: parts for the LCD or camera can be replaced if necessary.
- A battery cover or charging port: provides power to your iPhone 5C.
LCD screens have this device attached to their front faces. LCD digitizers are part of the glass covering that you see and interact with when you look at or use your iPhone 5C. This LCD component acts as the interface that allows you to use your iPhone and access its full functionality. Sensors in this component convert your physical actions, such as pressing, tapping, or swiping left and right, into digital signals that the LCD can use to activate your iPhone 5C's features. Here are some tips to help you identify any problems that could mean that a part needs to be replaced.
- If the image on your iPhone 5C seems broken, but the touch functionality works, you should replace the LCD.
- If your top touch panel is broken, you may need to replace the touch panel.
- If both items aren't functioning properly, you may need to get an LCD and a digitizer.
The iPhone 5 was issued in several colors. You may wish to match the replacement parts with the original color of the iPhone 5C that you own. However, you can also buy accessories in contrasting colors to create a personalized palette. Some common iPhone 5 colors include: