What to See Out of a 3D Case for iPhone 6
While you could get a traditional phone case for your iPhone 6, you have the choice to get something a little more dynamic. A 3D printed case is a nice cover to have for your iPhone. All you need is a printer that can handle 3D designs for your Apple device and your idea of what to get out of your phone case.
How Is It Made?
A 3D printer will help you produce a special iPhone case. The process of getting a 3D printed case ready requires a few steps:
- A model must be prepared. You can get a basic case model produced, but you can also look around online for 3D models to use for yourself.
- A computer program will review the submitted printable model and figure out the layout that you will install.
- The basic case is then produced by a 3D printer through a filament. This compound is heated and arranged in a shape based on what the computer model states. The filament should also come in a color that fits your needs, although some dyes should work on the surface.
- The new gear case should be complete.
The timing for producing your new iPhone 6 case will vary based on the complexity of the cover you are ordering. Printers can operate to where you should get your new iPhone cover ready in just a few minutes.
What Designs Work?
You can use many 3D designs for your iPhone case. These are a few of the most popular examples you can enjoy having:
- Cut-Outs. A cut-out print entails a smartphone cover that features a distinct pattern been cut from a base mold. The printer would create the case off of a basic shape and then customize it by not filling in specific spaces, thus producing the cut style.
- Realistic. Your case can be 3D printed to look like another item. Your phone case might look like a digital camera or as a vintage miniature book.
- Whimsical. Add a bit of fun to your iPhone 6 Plus case. You can create a base that makes your modern phone look like an older phone with a traditional number pad and dot matrix screen, for example.
- Functional. Make your phone case useful for something beyond just keeping your iPhone 6 protected. Add a small compact mirror to the side, for instance.
- Protruding Features. Some protruding points may be included in your case to make it stand out. These include table-like legs on the corners. You can use this accessory to display your phone in style.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Apple.